It is known the fact that video is the most attractive form of content, especially in mobile environment. This is the reason why customers are receiving better, mobile video ads and, in the same time marketers concentrates their efforts in this area as mobile video ads will provide a growth in revenues by 2020 of $13.3 billion, as PwC announces in its Global Entertainment and Media Outlook report.
Mobile video advertising allows information to reach the targeted audience in an interactive way. A research conducted by Google and IPSOS states that 98% of millennials prefer to watch video content using their smartphones.
Moreover, Statista shows, through a forecast recently published, the difference that is expected to be in 2021 between desktop video advertising and mobile video advertising in terms of revenue as percentage of GDP.
Benefits of Using Mobile Video Ads
1. Dynamic content. It is in their nature for video ads to provide dynamic and interactive stories about the products. Those two elements are critical in users’ appreciation regarding mobile video ads.
2. Highly engaging and specific content. These attributes are even more relevant if video mobile ads are delivered through social channels. We all know the influence of social media in every corner of mobile world. There is no need to mention the huge popularity of Facebook or YouTube. In the same time SnapChat, Twitter and Instagram have their special characteristics to provide awareness and to intrigue users convincing them about the value of the video ad. For those of you who want to find out more, AppSamurai offers more insights into Best Practices of Mobile Video Ads On Social Media.
3. 3X higher lift in viewer engagement than other ad formats. It is understandable why millennials are 3 times more engaged by mobile videos. They take their phones everywhere and it is more handy and effective to watch a video than to try to understand some boring ads.
Importance of Mobile Video Ads in Mobile Marketing
According to Tune, it is an obvious difference of app store ratings between the apps with video and the apps without video. And it is no wonder, since videos offer a lot more insights about apps then simple pictures or text. The same study expands the idea that higher ratings drives higher rankings in app categories which it goes without saying that will result in more installs. In a previous article we talked about Why Mobile Video Advertising Is Important and we shared the biggest advantages of using mobile video ads. So, make a plan that suits your needs and create amazing videos that will increase user acquisition with our following tips and tricks.
How Can We Maximize Their Potential?
Best Practices of Mobile Video Advertising
It is not enough to know the good effects of mobile video ads. It is imperative to understand when and how to use them in order to increase the number of installs.
1. Be creative. In this stage you need to know your users and to discover what sides of your domain attract them most. Go with this idea and offer them something they can’t refuse. If you watch the chart below you will realize that it doesn’t matter too much if the ad is funny or educational. The most important features are the utility and enjoyable aspect.
2. Think about screen size and interactivity. Pay attention to quality of your video ad. All your users must have the best experience in order to reach your goal. With the diversity of screen sizes, it is crucial to be sure users won’t reject your video before they will get the chance to see what it is about.
3. Localization is the key. Since not all your users speak English it is preferably to think about a solution to make your video understandable for all its viewers. In the same time be careful with the sound because many people prefer to watch videos in silent mode, so you need to offer them the option to do that and to invest more in visual effects.
4. Use calls to action. These buttons are very important since not all customers will figure out to click on a video. Maybe if you offer some incentives like bonus points in a game or other advantages will intrigue more your users. Now, if he saw the video and he liked it, then you need to show him the next move with another call to action. This way you will be sure he follows the right direction.
5. Don’t be interruptive, be engaging. No matter how good your video is, if it gets in front of user in a bad moment like when he is prepared to attack his opponent in a game or when he is about to create a playlist using a music app then you wasted your time and money. Keep your eyes on your metrics and calculate the right section of the app when you should invite users to view your ad.
In a dynamic environment such as mobile applications, marketers need to keep up with the new trends and with users’ preferences when it comes to promoting a product. This is the reason why mobile video ads are a win – win solution for both advertisers who look to increase the number of installs and for users which are tired of boring ads that don’t resonate with their mobile activity.